After we completed the extremely challenging novel, we decided it would be nice to take a walk around the area to see the apartments where Algren lived while writing the novel and in the years after and to see if we could find any evidence of the community that he described seventy years ago. The language in the novel is difficult and the story line is often depressing, so the weather we had for our walk seemed to be a perfect match.
- Teaching English Abroad in France: How the ELI’s TEAL Course Prepared me to be a Language Assistant
- Third Places: What Are They and Why Are They Important to American Culture?
- Finding Resources as an International Postdoc
- What’s in a Phrase? Idioms and Their Role in Language Learning
- Finding Resources as an International Student