The ELI is collaborating with programs across the UChicago campus to provide one-on-one writing support to international students.
Check whether you have access to an ESL/EAL Writing Tutor >>
The ESL/EAL Writing Tutor can:
- Discuss the specifications of an upcoming writing assignment
- Assist in selecting the appropriate wording/phrasing
- Indicate grammar and punctuation errors
- Provide tips on producing greater sentence variety
- Identify instances of ambiguity
- Comment on an essay’s organization and information flow
- Provide tips on including North American stylistic features to an essay
- Help evaluate and integrate sources / cited literature
- Discuss voice, formality, and tone of an essay
- Provide self-editing tips and direct students to helpful writing resources
NOTE: The ESL/EAL Writing Tutor is not permitted to edit student work directly.